Your business name/ownership change questions answered.FAQs
Your business name/ownership change questions answered.
Change of Ownership / Name Change Requests Customer FAQs
How long does the change of ownership/ name change take to complete?
- Please allow 10 business days from the receipt of the change of ownership form for processing.
- An incomplete form may result in the form being returned to the owning parties, and could result in the delay of the request being processed.
Who needs to fill out the change of ownership form/ name change form?
- Both the current owner and new owner will need to complete their designated sections, and have the form notarized. The person who signed the Sparklight Contract must sign the change of ownership form/ name change form
- If current owner is deceased:
- New owner must fill out the change of ownership form including the current owner’s information to the best of their ability.
- Attach a death certificate for the current owner to the form.
- If new/current owner is out of state:
- Please have the new and old owner have the change of ownership form signed/notarized individually then submit to Sparklight Business. Fax: 888.388.9074 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current owner is no longer with the company:
- Please have the contact for the current owner submit an official company letterhead explaining that the individual identified as the account owner is no longer with the company.
- It should include, to the best of their ability, what the individual’s position was and what date they departed the company.
Does the change of ownership form need to be notarized?
- Yes, the form must be notarized.
Can the change of ownership request/name change request be completed for a future date?
- Yes, please list the date you would like the changes to be completed on the form.
Where to send completed change of ownership / name change forms to be processed.
- Please send the form via email to email@example.com or fax to 888.388.9074.