What compatible modems are supported by Sparklight Business?FAQs
What compatible modems are supported by Sparklight Business?
Sparklight requires customers to use a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. These modems incorporate the latest cable technology, have the capability to deliver faster internet speeds, and have a longer expected lifetime. Below is a list of compatible modems that will work on the Sparklight Business network.
Sparklight Business will supply the necessary modem to power Business Phone services.
Compatible Internet-Only Modems
8-Channel Modems supporting up to 150 Mbps
- Arris DG950
- Arris CM820
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB6141
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB6180
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB6182
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SBG6782-AC
- NetGear CM400
- NetGear N300/C3000
- NetGear N600/C3700
- Zoom 5341J
- Zoom 5350
- Zoom 5352
16-Channel Modems supporting up to 500 Mbps
- Arris - SBG6950AC2
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB6183
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SBG6900-AC
- NetGear CM500
- NetGear AC1750/C6300
24-Channel Modems supporting up to 500 Mbps
32-Channel Modems supporting 500 Mbps and above
- Arris - SBG7580-AC
- Arris – SBG7600AC2
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB6190
- Motorola/Arris SURFboard SB8200
- Motorola MB8600
- Netgear CM700
- Netgear CM1000
Want to purchase your own modem?
If you choose to purchase a modem, Sparklight recommends you purchase a new modem from a reputable source with DOCSIS 3.0 technology. Second-hand modems obtained from online sources may not work properly on Sparklight's network even if listed above. Sparklight reserves the right to refuse service to any modem or modem model which might impair network performance. See the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
If you'd like to purchase your own modem and still have a Static IP assigned, please use only the ones that are approved by Sparklight Business. The approved modems are:
- Arris - SBG6950AC2 (16-Channel Modem supporting up to 500 Mbps)
- Arris - SBG7400AC2 (24-Channel Modem supporting up to 500 Mbps)
- Arris - SBG7580-AC (32-Channel Modem supporting 500 Mbps and up)
- Arris – SBG7600AC2 (32-Channel Modem supporting up to 1.4 Gbps DOCSIS® speeds)
Benefits of leasing a modem from Sparklight Business?
If you lease a modem from Sparklight Business, any problems with the modem we will take care of generally within 4-hours or less. No need to go to the big box stores to buy a new modem, Sparklight Business will fix the issue remotely or replace the modem often the same day.
Was This Article Helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for your vote!
Have more questions? Call us at (877) 570-0500