Sparklight TV - How-To Guide
Before attempting any of the content in this “How-To Guide”, first:
- Have an active Sparklight Internet service AND an active e-mail address.
- Purchase a streaming device of your choice. We recommend the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Have your WiFi username and password at hand to connect your device to WiFi.
- Set up an Amazon, Apple ID, or Google Play account based on which device you are using.
- Subscribe to Sparklight TV service by contacting Sparklight at 888-200-0993.
- Set up your username and password through the Sparklight TV activation email.
- Download SparklightTV App and log in to SparklightTV on the device of your choice.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR ASSISTANCE WITH SPARKLIGHT TV
Call Sparklight Technical Support at 877-692-2253 or go to our webpage: https://business.sparklight.com/support/sparklight-tv
To download the quick start guide, please click the following link: Sparklight TV How-To Guide
Sparklight TV Recommended Devices
Streaming Media Players
Amazon Fire TV with Alexa Voice Remote*
Amazon Fire TV 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote*
All-new Fire TV Cube, hands-free with Alexa built-in, 4K Ultra HD
Android® TV Devices
Original Xiaomi Mi Box - 4K Ultra HDR TV Streaming Media Player*
NVIDIA SHIELD TV Gaming Edition - 4K HDR Streaming Media Player*
Apple® TV Devices
Apple TV 4K - 64GB*
Apple TV - 32GB (4th Generation)*
*Sparklight Recommended Devices
Smartphones / Tablets running Android 7.0 or higher.
Apple devices running iOS 10 or higher.
Amazon Fire TV Edition - NEW
A new breed of 4K TV's with Amazon Fire TV embedded as the operating system brings the ultimate experience for those invested into the Amazon ecosystem.
Element - https://www.elementelectronics.com/tvs/fire-tv-edition/
Android TV - https://www.android.com/tv/
A growing number of Smart TV's from some of the world's most notable manufacturers are using Android TV as the operating system. Android TV manufacturers include:
Sony - http://www.sony.com/electronics/android-tv
Sharp - http://www.sharp-world.com/aquos/en/androidtv/
Sparklight TV is accessible via popular browsers across a variety of platforms at https://sparklighttv.app/
- Edge/Internet Explorer
- Edge/Internet Explorer
- Android - Chrome
- iOS - Chrome, Safari
Sparklight is not endorsed by or affiliated with Apple®, Amazon®, Android®, or Google®, and all trademarks are those of their respective owners. As an Amazon Associate Sparklight earn from qualifying purchases.
Download the SparklightTV App on a streaming or mobile device, you can download the SparklightTV app from your devices’ App Store.
- For Android and Android TV devices go to the Google Play Store.
- Watch this quick video on how to set up your Android Device.
- For Apple iOS and Apple TV devices go to the Apple App Store.
- Watch this quick video on how to set up your Apple Device.
- For Amazon Fire TV devices go to the Amazon App Store
- Watch this quick video on how to set up your Amazon Fire TV
Once you are in the App Store, search for “SparklightTV” and select “download.” After the app is installed, you’ll be able to see it on your device.
Sign in to the app with your username and password.
- Your username is the email address you provided when signing up for your SparklightTV service.
- Your password is what you entered in the SparklightTV activation email.
Create a Profile
- Enter a name and choose an avatar (an icon or figure representing you)
- You can set up additional profiles for up to four users.
Main Menu Navigation
To access the Main Menu, select Menu, Back or Home button depending on your remote.
The Main Menu has immediate options:
- Guide: The traditional channel listing allows for browsing both forward and backward in time to see what’s on and upcoming.
- Shows & Movies: Browse live, upcoming, and recently aired shows and movies by categories such as “What’s on Now,” “Action,” “Drama,” etc.
- Profile Settings: Manage settings such as DVR Recordings, Parental Controls, User Profiles, Sign out, and other information here.
- Search: Explore live, upcoming, recorded, and Replay content across the entire app.
RECENTLY WATCHED - COMMONLY KNOWN AS..."LAST” BUTTON
Your Recently Watched list is located below the Main Menu. This is equivalent to the LAST button on a standard cable remote. This feature is a history of the last 15 channels and programs watched.
How to access recently watch from then Main Menu:
- Apple TV: Swipe down on the touchpad.
- Amazon Fire & Android: Press the Down directional button.
From the Main Menu, arrow down, a pop-up panel will appear which gives you the option to “Watch Recently Aired Programs.”
The Search feature is accessed in the Main Menu. You can search for title, channel name, or channel number in the search bar. Navigate the cursor to each letter and press Select on the remote. SparklightTV will start recommending search results after a few letters are selected. Navigate to the results and press Select on the remote to access the desired content.
SparklightTV will search for the request and deliver results across all your subscribed channels Including:
- Live TV
- Upcoming Live TV
- Restart TV
Please Note: Certain devices like Apple TV 4th Generation or the Amazon Fire Stick 2nd Generation may allow for voice search capability through the manufacturers’ remote.
The Settings menu is where to find Profiles, update Parental Controls, Sign out, and other device-specific information. Go to the Main Menu and navigate to the right. Press Select on the Settings icon.
Create up to four different profiles for various members of the household. SparklightTV will capture the individualized watch history for each profile and offer personalized recommendations based on content viewed. SparklightTV profiles work similarly to Netflix® profiles, where upon opening the SparklightTV app, you can choose which profile to watch. To set up profiles, bring up the Main Menu and the Settings Icon
To restrict available content by ratings on SparklightTV, activate Parental Controls. Parental Controls constrain full view access to content rated R, TVMA, or NC17 unless a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is entered. Full access to the content resumes after entering the correct PIN.
- The Parental Controls setting is either enabled or disabled and is accessed through the Profile Settings in the Main Menu
- At first access, the user will be asked to create a 4-digit PIN.
- This PIN will be used to restrict access to the Parental Controls and mature content.
- You can also change or reset your PIN from this menu.
The traditional channel listing allows for browsing both forward and backward in time to see what’s on and upcoming.
When a live program is highlighted, press the Select button once for a brief show description. If the show is currently airing, a live sample will display to the right for a sneak peek. Inside the Quick View you can also set recordings, as well as go to the full show or movie details page. Navigating to the left of the guide screen past “On Now,” a pop-up overlay appears for Replay TV.
SHOWS & MOVIES
The Shows and Movies sections are organized in a picture tile display for easy viewing. Episodes, series, and content are organized into horizontally scrolling rows according to show type or genre.
- The “On Now” rows: Quickly see what is currently live.
- TV Genre & Movie Genre rows: Browse through series, episodes, or movies by genre type.
- Navigate this area with the up/down and left/right on the remote.
Once a TV Show is selected, press the Select button on the remote to see more options & info. Select Movies and press “Browse All” in the upper right corner. Press Select to see more options regarding the content. If the movie has not yet aired, you can set it to record from this screen.
CHANGE THE CHANNEL
SparklightTV allows for regular channel surfing by moving up or down to the adjacent channels and browse future and past programming by using the right and left directional controls.
- Apple TV: Swipe right/left/up/down.
- Android TV & Amazon Fire: Press right/left/up/down directional controls
PAUSE LIVE TV
Once a channel begins to play, you can pause live content with your remote for up to 60 minutes. After 60 minutes of pause time, the channel will automatically play whatever is currently live.
After four hours of consistent viewing on the same channel with no remote control activity, SparklightTV will ask you to press any button on the remote to continue broadcasting content. If you do not press a button on the remote after inactivity, the screen will revert to the home screen of the device.
SparklightTV offers FREE HD content with your Fidelity Communications service. If we receive the channel in HD, we broadcast it in HD. No extra channels, costs, or hassles.
SparklightTV also offers the ability to Restart a program while in progress. When changing to a live program that has already started, a small pop-up may appear near the bottom of the screen that reads, “Play from the beginning?”.
Click Select button on the remote to be taken to the beginning start time of the program.
The Restart pop-up message only appears for around five seconds. If you miss the pop-up, press the Select button on your Amazon remote or swipe down for the Apple remote while watching Live TV. This will bring up Restart, Record, and other options. Navigate to Restart using the remote and press “OK” to restart the program. You can also press select or rewind and navigate backwards.
Please Note: If there is not a pop-up or an option to Restart from the program options, then that content is restricted for Restart and/or Restart TV by the channel provider.
Replay TV allows access up to 72 hours of already-played programming, depending on the availability and permissions from each content provider.*
To access Replay TV, select the Guide from the main menu then navigate left or backwards in time past the “On Now” column.
Programs are arranged in reverse chronological order from right to left. The most recently aired program will be the first image seen. Navigate to the left for older channel content.
To Navigate To Different Channels Within Replay Screen:
- Apple TV: Swipe up/down on the touch
- Android TV, & Amazon Fire: Press up/down on the Ring to see all content available from the other
*Please Note: Each network, series, and channel has different rules as to what can be viewed and how. If a channel or program is not offered in the Replay TV section then either the program is beyond the Replay TV window for that channel, the network itself does not allow Replay TV, or the content provider has restricted Replay TV content. Some networks only allow for 24 hours of Replay TV content, and some have restricted certain shows.
Closed Captioning (CC) provides a text overlay for all programming that provides the service.
HOW TO ACTIVATE CC
- Apple TV: Swipe down in the touch surface area of the remote while watching live. This brings up the media player controls on an overlay at the top of the screen. Navigate to the CC option in the overlay screen. Click CC to toggle it on or off.
- Android TV & Amazon Fire TV (and Stick): Click the Select button while watching live. This brings up the media player controls on an overlay screen at the bottom. Navigate to the CC option and press the Select button to toggle it on or off.