Holiday Marketing Tips on a Budget
Lots of small businesses want to do additional marketing around the holiday season, but struggle to find ways to do so while competing with big box stores’ budgets. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to boost sales and morale without spending a lot of money. Offering small incentives or making minimal changes to ongoing efforts could help elevate your marketing. Whether you’re looking to finish the year off strong or meet year-end sales goals, these tips could make the last few months of the year the best of 2021.
1. Offer a discount, giveaway, or promotion, but don’t break the bank
- Packaged deals can often be a great way to entice customers to make purchases they wouldn’t otherwise have made. Here are tips on how to teach your staff more about upselling and ad-on sales.
- Instant gratification with a small, inexpensive gift when visiting your location can help drive traffic to your store.
- Limited time only offers can help boost sales by giving your customers a reason to make on-the-spot purchases.
2. Utilize email marketing
- Keep it short and sweet. It’s also helpful to clearly state the intent of the email in the subject line for better open rates.
- Make sure to have links to the promoted deal and make them obvious in the email.
- Keep it fun and festive! Everyone wants to feel good around the holidays and Groupon has some great ideas that can be easily adapted.
3. Say “thank you”
- Have you ever received a hand-written letter in the mail from someone you’ve done business with? It goes a long way. Even a personalized email can leave a positive impression while keeping your business top-of-mind. Read examples to help you get started here.
- Create a video of you and those in your office expressing gratitude and post it on your social media outlets.
- Create a loyalty program for return customers. This will also encourage one-time buyers to more consistently use your services.
These simple, cost-effective gestures can help boost sales while creating a positive experience for you and your customers that will start 2022 off on a good foot.