High-Powered Motivation for Small Business: YouTube’s Valuetainment
The trends, insights, and solutions you need to grow your business.
By signing up, you’re subscribing to our monthly email newsletter, The
Wire. You may unsubscribe at any time.
A small business is a lot like a high-performance engine. You need to give it a little gas to really make it purr. One way to fuel up is to tap into people who can motivate, inspire and inform you—all while keeping up with the day-to-day of running your business. Take five minutes to learn about Valuetainment and what it can do to rev your entrepreneurial motor.
Valuetainment is a YouTube channel with over a million subscribers. There is also a five-star rated podcast of the same name. Whether you’re watching a video on your laptop or listening to the podcast in your car, they’re a convenient way to learn something valuable—and be entertained too.
Both are spirited by entrepreneur and author, Patrick Bet-David, who launched a successful insurance marketing and distribution company before he turned 30. His approach is shaped by his family’s escape from the Iranian Revolution of 1978 and his early attempts to help them survive financially. He shares the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and personal development while inspiring people to break from limiting beliefs and achieve their dreams.
The channel provides a wide variety of videos ranging from a minute to over an hour. They are grouped into the following categories:
- Popular Views – Videos are ranked by number of views so you can see which ones subscribers like best. One of the most popular is “7 Signs You Are Going to Be Successful,” with nearly four million views to date. It helps confirm whether you’re on the right track and teaches you to recognize high-achievers who can help you move forward.
- How-To’s, Tips and Business Lessons – These are 15- to 20-minute videos on specific business topics. They can include specific skills like “How to Handle Rejection as an Entrepreneur” or “How to Plan Your Week as an Entrepreneur.” Or choose from insights that will help with business planning, like “China’s 7 Lessons for Entrepreneurs” or “Digital Trends that Every Entrepreneur Should Know About.”
- Interviews with Entrepreneurs and Celebrities – Interviews with notable entrepreneurs to learn the secrets to their success and how you can apply them to your business. Includes interviews with entrepreneurs Mark Cuban and Arianna Huffington. He also talks with celebrities like astronaut Scott Kelly and General McChrystall to get their take on topics like leadership and overcoming adversity.
- Motivation Mondays – These videos are 10 minutes or less and provide an inspirational way to start the week. For example, in “The Best Way to Accelerate Success,” he talks about the value of partnering with the right running mate to help move your business forward.
- Short Clips for Entrepreneurs – This is a collection of short excerpts from Valuetainment videos. It’s a good way to sample the content. Then you can watch the full episode later.
- Life of an Entrepreneur Vlog Series – A behind-the-scenes series that looks at how Bet-David mentors individuals and operates his company.
This free podcast series is available to subscribe and download from the Apple iTunes Store. It contains over 266 episodes, many of which can be listened to in under 20 minutes. These are great for listening in the car on your way to an appointment.
Here are two of the most popular ones:
- Episode 261: 10 Laws on How to Recreate Yourself (16 minutes) – Bet-David selects key principles from his book, 25 Laws for Doing the Impossible.
- Episode 264: How to Choose a Mentor – Seek Trifectas (7.5 minutes) – Find out what’s the best question to ask so-called experts so you can identify whether they have the three essential elements of an effective mentor.
Take a look at Valuetainment to see how it can turbocharge your entrepreneurial spirit with easy to consume videos and podcasts you can work into your daily schedule.